Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Edible Attractions

I'm an outdoor kind of person. If my time could be spent searching trails and mountains for mushrooms and herbs and other food products commonly found in the wild I would spend every waking moment doing so. To me, there's nothing better than food and the outdoors. So I think many times about my culinary education and wonder what I will do with it. And wonder if my culinary path might take me into purveying where I can have the best of both worlds.  I should really join the mytocological society for this area. I'm sure I'll learn so much more about mushrooms than I could imagine. For now though I 'll keep it to studying books about edible herbs and plants and pointing out my own roadside attraction when I see rosemary or sage growing in someones yard or along a building. And I'll make sure to keep heading up to the mountain with my parents to search for morels and other edible mushrooms whenever possible.That's the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment